What is it?
It’s a macOS utility improving external mouse performance and functionalities, aiming for replacing bulky, intrusive, and resource-hungry mouse drivers like Logitech Options. It’s feature-rich, light-weighted, efficiency-optimized, and perfectly privacy safe, trying to meet all your needs for using a 3rd-party mouse on macOS.
- Butter smooth scroll, with fully configurable settings of duration, direction, acceleration, etc.
- Precise configurable discrete scroll with or without acceleration.
- Shift-scroll to horizontal on/off, with configurable speed, direction.
- Ctrl-scroll to zoom/pinch.
- Thumbwheel zoom for hi-res thumbwheel.
- Separated cursor acceleration & speed control, acceleration can be completely eliminated.
- Precise mouse fps counter.
- Mapping every extra mouse button to any keyboard shortcuts & extensive special actions.
- Up/down/left/right gestures mapping for every extra mouse buttons.
- Modifier keyed button/gesture mapping.
- Click-through feature for left/right click for direct actions to inactive window with one click.
- Click-through option for every mapping independently.
- Right click free pan view.
- Unique fast version of spaces switching, mission control gestures.
- Per-app independent settings for scroll setting & button/gesture mapping.
- Menu bar app with hide-able app icon.
- Clean & safe, with no custom network access, no file access.
- Fully optimized algorithm with extremely low CPU & power usage.
- Full functional free trial, one-time purchase for lifetime.
Same as any other apps, unzip the file you downloaded, move the BetterMouse.app to your /Applications folder, done.
When the first run, it needs accessibility permission, it’s a necessity for all these kinds of apps. Enable it in System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Accessibility.
A crash caused by Logi Options was fixed. But still, this app is not designed to work with Options, strange behaviors are caused by doing so. CPU usage and performance improvements. Other minor issues were fixed. Download
Add running apps bug fixes. 3 finger swipe bug fixes. Download
Fixed an issue regarding adding running apps. Fixed an issue regarding file dialogs interactions in Ventura. Download
Right-click pan momentum optimizations. Add support for MX Vertical thumb button. Add a “Add running apps” button for app exceptions. 3 finger swipe items for button binding refurbished. Basically they’re fast versions of the ctrl + arrow keys, for those who prefer speed over animation smoothness. Download
Compatibility improvement. Download