What is it?
It’s a macOS utility improving external mouse performance and functionalities, aiming for replacing bulky, intrusive, and resource-hungry mouse drivers like Logitech Options. It’s feature-rich, light-weighted, efficiency-optimized, and perfectly privacy safe, trying to meet all your needs for using a 3rd-party mouse on macOS.
- Butter smooth scroll, with fully configurable settings of duration, direction, acceleration, etc.
- Precise configurable discrete scroll with or without acceleration.
- Shift-scroll to horizontal on/off, with configurable speed, and direction.
- Ctrl-scroll to zoom/pinch.
- Thumbwheel zoom for hi-res thumbwheel.
- Separated cursor acceleration & speed control, acceleration can be completely eliminated.
- Precise mouse fps counter.
- Per mouse settings of DPI, scroll wheel & thumb wheel for supported Logi mice.
- A unifying & bolt receiver pairing tool included.
- Mapping every extra mouse button to any keyboard shortcuts & extensive special actions.
- Up/down/left/right gestures mapping for every extra mouse button.
- Modifier keyed button/gesture mapping.
- Click-through feature for left/right click for direct actions to inactive windows with one click.
- Click-through option for every mapping independently.
- Right-click free pan scroll.
- Unique fast version of spaces switching, mission control gestures.
- Modifier keys substitution for per keyboard independently.
- Per-app independent settings for scroll setting & button/gesture mapping.
- Menu bar app with the hide-able app icon.
- Clean & safe, with no custom network access, and no file access.
- Notarized regular app, doesn’t install any extension, driver or daemon.
- Fully optimized algorithm with extremely low CPU & power usage.
- Fully functional free trial, one-time purchase for a lifetime.
Same as any other app, unzip the file you downloaded, and move the BetterMouse.app to your /Applications folder, done.
When the first run, it needs accessibility permission, it’s a necessity for all these kinds of apps. Enable it in System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Accessibility.
To uninstall it, just move the BetterMouse.app file to recycle bin.
Fixed the update dialog freezing issue for future updates. Add a Home/End key remapping switch. UI tweaks. Added Chinese translation thanks to user 枯白. Download
Fixed a severe crash bug. Have bolt receiver being preliminarily supported without fully tested. Multi-platform logi keyboards are supported to set to mac mode automatically. Other bug fixes and improvements. Download
Bug fix regarding the Home/End key with modifier keys. UI bug fixes. Download
This version will wipe out your scroll and all button binding settings, and you can’t use config save/load to recover it since that only works with the same app version. Please take some pictures of your settings before upgrading, sorry for our stupidity. Some bug fixes regarding the button binding panel. Button binding logic improvements. […]
UI improvements & bug fixes. Add thumb wheel controls for supported mice. Download