What is it?
It’s a macOS utility app improving 3rd party mouse performance and functionalities, aiming for replacing bulky, intrusive and resource hungry mouse drivers like Logitech Options. It’s feature rich, light weighted, efficiency optimised and perfectly privacy safe, has all you need for your mouse.
- Smooth wheel scroll, with independent direction inverting
- Separated cursor acceleration & speed control
- Mouse button & gesture mapping of hotkeys & actions
- App specific button mapping & scroll settings
- Precise discrete scroll with no acceleration for gamers
- Right button free pan view
- Zoom/pinch gesture by scroll
- Clean & safe, no custom network access, no file access
- Extremely low CPU & power usage
Same as any other apps, unzip the file you downloaded, move the BetterMouse.app to your /Applications folder, done.
Add scroll zoom/pinch gesture. Support for MX Master 3 hi-res thumbwheel. Add settings save to/load from file. Bug fixes. -Warning: All your settings will be lost! Take note before upgrading. Download
M720 thumb button supported. Download
MX Master/Master 2s quirk buttons supported. Potentially other mice are supported too but not tested. Snap feature removed. Menubar icon hide hotkey move back to Fn-z due to some hotkey conflicting reports. Bug fixes. Download
Bug fixes & optimizations. UI improvements. Changed hotkeys to ctrl-z & ctrl-x for better compatibility with some keyboards. Download
UI refinements. Performance improvements to gain back performance loss for introducing app exceptions. Now app exceptions are almost cost-free with basically no overheads. Download