What is it?
It’s a macOS utility improving external mouse performance and functionalities, aiming for replacing bulky, intrusive, and resource-hungry mouse drivers like Logitech Options. It’s feature-rich, light-weighted, efficiency-optimized, and perfectly privacy safe, trying to meet all your needs for using a 3rd-party mouse on macOS.
- Butter smooth scroll, with fully configurable settings of duration, direction, acceleration, etc.
- Precise configurable discrete scroll with or without acceleration.
- Shift-scroll to horizontal on/off, with configurable speed, and direction.
- Right-click pan free scroll.
- Ctrl-right-click pan free zoom.
- Ctrl-scroll to zoom/pinch.
- Thumbwheel zoom for hi-res thumbwheel.
- Separated cursor acceleration & speed control, acceleration can be completely eliminated.
- Precise mouse fps counter.
- Per mouse settings of DPI, scroll wheel & thumb wheel for supported Logi mice.
- A unifying & bolt receiver pairing tool included.
- Mapping every extra mouse button to any keyboard shortcuts & extensive special actions.
- Up/down/left/right gestures mapping for every extra mouse button.
- Modifier keyed button/gesture mapping.
- Click-through feature for left/right click for direct actions to inactive windows with one click.
- Click-through option for every mapping independently.
- Unique fast version of spaces switching, mission control gestures.
- Modifier keys substitution for per keyboard independently.
- Per-app independent settings for scroll setting & button/gesture mapping.
- Menu bar app with the hide-able app icon.
- Clean & safe, with no custom network access, and no file access.
- Notarized regular app, doesn’t install any extension, driver, daemon or agent, you name it. Doesn’t release any file(except for a config file generated by OS in the default location).
- Fully optimized algorithm with extremely low CPU & power usage.
- Fully functional free trial, one-time purchase for a lifetime.
Same as any other app, unzip the file you downloaded, and move the BetterMouse.app to your /Applications folder, done.
When the first run, it needs accessibility permission, it’s a necessity for all these kinds of apps. Enable it in System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Accessibility.
To uninstall it, just move the BetterMouse.app file to recycle bin.
Another wake-up crash fix. The wrong pan momentum for 120Hz is fixed. Mouse gestures engine improvements, app switch action optimized a little. Volume and backlight for mouse gesture changed to fine-tune mode, these two actions need to be re-bound to act correctly. 3-finger swipes improved for some corner cases. Onboard profiles for the Logi G…
A quick fix of v3027. Download
Glitch fixes and compatibility improvements.
Fixed another wake-up crash bug. Double/triple clicks get some unperceivable improvements. Click-through gets further compatibility & speed improvements. The 3-finger gestures speeded up 1~2 frames. The behaviors of bindings actions have been adjusted trying to cover more corner cases. Download
Click-through and ctrl-pan zoom get improved a little. Download